13/04/2017

My top 3 Eye Pencils | For Oily lids


Hey there! If you've been with me a while, you'll already know, I have small hooded lids and extremely oily lids, which let me tell you is the worst combination EVER!

Most of the liners smudge on me in flat 2 hours. Let's not even talk ask about summers. I prefer skipping kohl/liner altogether during summers for that reason. After testing boat loads of eyeliners I finally have my favourite Top 3! 
Eye pecils - Essence, Plum, Rimmel

Eye pecils - Plum, Essence, Rimmel

.

Plum NaturStudio All Day Wear Kohl  Price: Rs.425/- 1.2 gm
Look of a gel liner in a pencil form. It claims to be Smudgeproof, Waterproof and Preservative free.
1)      Blackest black in one stroke.
2)      Preservative-free, paraben-free, mineral oil-free, paraffin-free
3)      Dermatologically  and ophthalmologically tested & approved. Does not hurt my sensitive eyes.
4)      Rich in Vitamin E for care and protection
5)      100% vegan formula, not tested on animals
6)      Ingredients -Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Rice Bran Wax, Natural Vitamin E
7)      The expiry date is mentioned on the pencil itself.
8)      Quantity is quite a lot in comparison to other pencils in the market hence justifies the price.

Issues –
1)      Needs to be sharpened.

Essence Gel Waterproof Liner  Price: Rs. 299/-      0.57g
 It’s been almost 6 months that I discovered this beauty. This is the only product I have used from this brand. However I need to get more from this brand since I’ve heard rave reviews. I am already on my second pencil  [black]and I also bought a brown shade.  

1)      Very pigmented.
2)      Soft and does not tug at the eyes since it’s a gel formula in pencil form.
3)      Stays put on my waterline all day with minimum smudging under the eyes. It starts smudging only after 9-10 hours during summers.
4)      Retractable mechanical pencil. No fuss no wastage.

Issues -
1)        Re-application is not ideal. It sets very fast and any re-application removes the colour already set.  

Eye pecils - Essence, Plum, Rimmel


Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer - Price: Rs.345/-   0.28 gm
1) Retractable liner on one side and a smudger on the other.
2) An even finish and smooth in one stroke. Not as dark as above 2 but dark enough.
3) Love using this to create an easy smokey eyes.
4) Once set, stays in put.

Issues- 
1) No particulars/ingredients mentioned.

Eye pecils - Essence, Plum, Rimmel 

I love the Plum natur kohl since it is great for my sensitive eyes minus all the chemicals, however I mostly always reach for Essence or Rimmel ‘coz I’m always running late for work and never have time to sharpen eye pencils #lazygirlwoes  Again none of the liquid liners stay on my lids. [The only one that did, got discontinued L Maybelline’s HyperSharp Liner] Also pencils are easier to draw with.
    

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One complaint I have with these  pencils is I can’t draw a thin line or a cat-eye with this. The nib remains too blunt [Still on the find for a good liquid/ felt tip liner]. Any suggestions guys???

Love,

SS

No comments:

Post a Comment