16/02/2015

Rimmel Lipsticks - Lasting Finish Range


Hi there! Being a crazy obsessive Lipstick hoarder I wish I’d got my hands on the Rimmel lippies waaay back in college. I got introduced to the Rimmel brand way too late. Availabilty was ofcourse an issue. Anyone who loves to glam up and are on a budget…or not..need these in their life.


I’ll be talking about the Rimmel Lipsticks in my vanity, 2 of which are from Rimmel Lasting Finish range and 3 are from the Kate Moss Collection.

Price: Rs.250/- I KNOW!!




Rimmel Lipstick - Lasting Finish Range


   1. Independent (060) - Lasting Finish range         

A muted mauvy shade with frosty finish. 
There are no obvious shimmers in it. But the frostiness is quite prominent.

  The texture is creamy and does not tug at my lips at all. The colour shows in the first swipe itself. A few more applications are required for a perfect opaque finish.

This lippie alone stays on me for 3-4 hours with minimal eating. Not transfer proof though.


  I’m not a fan of frost finish lippies. Then why buy this you ask? I like to apply this on the centre of my lips over bright pink colours to give it a dimension and mute it a little. The frost catches the light beautifully.



Rimmel Lipstick - Independent 060


  2.        Undressed (240) - Lasting Finish range 

A brownish perfect nude. It almost gives that foundation nude look. The texture is very creamy (Creamier than Independent).  But it does not feather out. It does not dry out my lips. However after a while, it can settle in fine lines. The colour fades off evenly. This lippie alone stays on me for 3-4 hours without lip liner. Not transfer proof.
However this shade, by itself, washes me out. I wear a pink nude-ish lip liner first and then apply this over it. 



Rimmel Lipstick - Undressed 240


                  
 3.    Lasting Finish by Kate Moss – 16 

A light Barbie pink shade. The texture is again very creamy, similar to Undressed. The texture being so creamy and the shade being so light, this lippie applies a little streaky. But it does not feather out and stays on me for 3-4 hours, with minimal eating. Not transfer proof. Even after a few hours the lips feel moisturized. This does settle in fine lines after a while. But that may be exaggerated due to my ultra drylips :/

Rimmel Lipstick Kate Moss - 16

4.  Lasting Finish by Kate Moss – 20

Oooh this shade!! *dreamy eyes*  This is my favourite shade ever! Possibly my favorite from my entire vanity. A true fuchsia. Just the right ratio of pink and purple, with cool undertones.
The colour payoff is just amazing. 1 swipe is all you need. 2 swipes and it’s flawlessly opaque. Not streaky. Does not feather out. Creamy enough. Stays on me for 4 hours (with minimal eating). Does not dry the lips.
Not transfer proof though.

Perfecto!






Rimmel Lipstick Kate Moss - 20

                
                



5. Lasting Finish by Kate Moss – 107


A deep red, bordering on maroon…just a shade or two short. The colour is soo pretty. It’s a red which’ll look good on every skintone. I haven’t seen this shade anywhere here in India sadly. Rather haven't seen any of the Rimmel Lipsticks with red packaging. But I NEEDED this particular shade for my wedding so my cousin (Bless the darling) got me this from Canada. And thank god he found it.
The texture of this particular shade is not as creamy as the previous ones I mentioned. Rather it sets in a powdery matte finish. But it does not tug while applying. Does not feather. But it transfers. It stays on my lips for 4-5 hours, with minimal eating.
If you can get your hands on this one… GRAB IT!!





Rimmel Lipstick Kate Moss - 107



            So here are the swatches with better lighting...





Rimmel Lipstick swatches

Rimmel Lipstick swatches



HOT : LOVE these!! If you haven’t already, buy one of the Rimmel lipsticks right now. For the price you won’t get a better deal! I guarantee, you will not regret.

NOT : The textures are a bit confusing. 
The scent :( is too overpowering. It smells exactly like the Inglot lip refills. Thankfully the scent doesn't stay long. 


No comments:

Post a Comment