22/04/2017

Favourite Lipsticks | Summer Edition'17

Summer for me means glossy luscious lips. 
Goal- Britney's lips in the song "Oops I did it again!"
Sheer, balmy, glossy lips. I have no regrets bidding my liquid lipsticks adieu for a while. The extra drying ones I mean. I can still work with powder mattes and creamy mattes on the days I let my hair down. Glossy lips aren't cute when you have your hair stuck all over them and then you have it sliding across your cheek!

In the past 2 months, I've been leaning towards very fresh and soft colours. And I'm not bored of it anytime soon. I feel a stark color on your face kinda shade gets a lil too harsh in this hot weather. Prefer everything to be eye soothing. 
I've been shuffling between a good range from Nudes to Pinks to Oranges and also a dark shade (a very wearable one might I add).

Fave Lipsticks - Summer'17

Fave Lipsticks - Summer'17

Fave Lipsticks - Summer'17 Swatches
From Right to Left-

The Body Shop Vit E lip balm with SPF 15 - I don't know how many times I've mentioned this. My favorite lip balm ever. I'm one of those few "chosen" ones who suffers from dry and chapped lips even in summers. Sometimes it's so bad the outer rim of my upper lips burn :( Does it happen to you too?This balm actually nourishes the lips, instead of just sitting on top. Has a matte effect hence perfect under lipsticks, also does not alter the texture of the lipstick. And the SPF is a bonus ofcourse!

The swatches start from here:

Colorpop Lippie Stix in Cami - Ohh I love this shade. A perfect nude. A pink mauvy nude which suits my skintone and undertone. A comfortable matte shade.

Maybelline Color Sensational in Warm Me Up - My favourite formula. I love this range from Maybelline. I still can't get over the shade 'My Mahogany'. Anybody remember that shade? Warm Me Up is a close second since 'My mahogany' was discontinued. A pinky brown nude. Will suit every skin tone. A creamy formula.

Revlon Colouburst Lipstick in Rosy Nude - An apt name. The color is just that. A classic Nude and quite a cult Revlon product.
Do you see a pattern here? Yes I love my pinky nudes.

City Color Be Matte lipstick in Phoebe - I received this in Fab Bag. I love the texture, finish, this shade. It has a matte finish. Rich and pigmented. One swipe is all you need. This pink shade is a pleasure in this hot weather. Immediately brightens the face. A very pretty pink  color that everyone needs to have in their collection. I also have Brianda, a very similar shade to Wet n Wild Megalast lipstick in Cinnamon Spice. Fab Bag keeps having these lippies on sale on their website. Do keep a tab. These are good and worth having.

Flormar D36 - Another discovery from Fab Bag. Frankly initially\I did not like this. But I rediscovered this while cleaning my dresser. Exremely glossy and a bit sheer on one coat.Can be built up. Once the glossiness wears off, it leaves behind a stain.

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in tutti Frutti - A sheer glossy balm with just the right amount of tint. I have 4 of these. But I thought of adding just this shade. But I love this range. Although I feel they're over priced.

Wet and Wild Megalast Lipstick in Cinnamon Spice - This shade is bae!! This shade will complement very skintone! Looks exceptionally pretty on Indian skin. Doesn't look too harsh but is prominent as well. A burnt red with warm brown undertones. Those who shy off of red need to try this. Or anyone who wants to try a bold color but isn't too confident and sure about which one. Pick this one! You'll love it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Love,
SS




No comments:

Post a Comment