22/12/2016

Maybeline Lash Sensational Mascara

Hey guys!
I don't think I've ever reviewed mascaras before. To update you, I have small asian hooded eyelids with non-existent lashes [I'm not kidding. You'll see the proof in a while.] 
Hence I usually look for lengthening mascaras. Those for volume usually clump my lashes and I do NOT like that look!

My favourite Mascara has been Loreal Million lashes for the length it gives and Maybelline's colossal mascara for the volume it gives and yet does not make the lashes clumpy.

Maybelline has launched the Lash Sensational Mascaras recently in India. But it has been out in the market for quite some time now.
My dear husband was sweet enough to get me these from Thailand before it released here.

Price: Rs.500/-


This has 2 variants. Water resistant and Water proof. 
I usually opt for water proof ones. I do not wear mascara on a daily basis and thanks to Kolkata Weather, waterproof is what I need.

I had heard such good reviews about this one amongst Youtubers that I just HAD to get my hands on these, especially because it was being compared with Benefit's Roller Lash.

First of all, the wand blew my mind. It has a curved wand. The bristles of which are short at the start and get longer gradually. This makes it super easy to get each and every lash and probably discover some more lashes that you never knew existed!

The bristles are quite spaced out because of which it separates the lashes very well. 
The most unique feature about the mascara is that the bottom part of the wand has bristles in shape of a tiny comb. This little comb is sooo amazing for the lower lashes. Also to clear any clumps.




Please excuse the pathetic swatch. But this is to give you an idea, how much of a difference it makes for non-existent lashes like mine. However, 2 coats of this makes my lashes too clumpy and me no likey. I'm almost done with this tube. Initially I thought the formula was too thin and runny. Also it picks up a lot of product. So I'd first swipe off the excess product and then use it and tada!
However I truly fell in love with this mascara after a month when the formula got a tad bit tacky.

  The tube is over 5 months now and has started getting dry. [That could be a reason for the clumps in 2 coats *looks sheepishly*]

Nonetheless, I like just one coat of mascara (any mascara). It gives my lashes a very natural look and more importantly make them visible.

The mascara stays on me for atleast 4-5 hours. After that it flakes a bit. 
Truly waterproof. It needs a good strong makeup remover to come off. Or in my case baby oil does a damn fine job.

This mascara is definitely worth the money. Thankfully it's decently priced. It has the potential of becoming many's HG mascara!
I already have a back up of this. But to be honest I'd rather just keep this wand and rebuy Loreal Million lashes for length and everyday use (It is water resistant not waterproof) and Maybelline Colossal waterproof for more volume.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's almost Christmas guys! Do you have any plans?

Love,
SS

No comments:

Post a Comment