26/05/2017

The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost

The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost Serum
The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost Serum
Price - Rs.1695/-

The company Claims-  Instant smoothing radiance. With Vitamin C rich Amazonian camu camu and Community Trade Brazil nut oil. For Dull skin.
My skin has been acting bonkers since my delivery. It's been over a year but my skin still can’t make up it’s mind. It’s a postpartum effect that happens to a lot of women. However, my skin was getting even more dull and tired looking and I had to do something about it. I happened to come across this product and The Body Shop was having a massive sale. So what better time!

It’s a very small size tube which holds 30ml of product. Quite an expensive one for the price tag. The bottle comes with a pump which is a huge plus. The product itself is yellow in colour with slight reflective particles. It has a gel like consistency. On applying, it smoothens out the skin texture just like a primer. It feels a bit silicone-y. A check at the ingredient list confirms the silicone present in it. It has a citrusy orangey fragrance, which I LOVE! On looking closely, the reflective particles can be seen doing it’s job, giving the illusion of naturally glowing skin without being fake or glittery.

This however does not stay for long. But it preps the skin for the next steps – moisturizer, makeup, etc. I was surprised to see it smoothen the texture of my skin to give it an almost flawless finish. Makeup applies beautifully on this. It also reduces the appearance of pores and fine lines...visibly.

Honestly, I did not find any major improvement regarding the dullness. But since it smoothens the texture, it does impart the appearance of a more healthy looking skin.

So to conclude, this product does not really serve the purpose for which I primarily bought it but I find myself using it quite frequently because I love how my skin looks after using this and also the smell!

However I wouldn’t rebuy this even at 50% sale like I did the first time. I’d rather just use my primer.

Suggestion - Can definitely give this a miss. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love.
SS

No comments:

Post a Comment